Sunday, January 11, 2009

The 1st Serious Modification...




The first modification I made to the '59 was the dash treatment. Somwhere along the way the center of the dash got hacked up for a 2"x7" radio. I think there is two ways to build an old car, either keep it original or somewhat period perfect with the modern adminities kept out of sight. For Felony Maker's dash I wanted the later "period perfect" approch. I have always liked anything frenched, like headlights, taillights, antenas and gauges. My search for Stewart Warner gauges began, I found an entire kit from a "street rodder" that had decided to sell them for a fraction of the original price. Armed now with gauges in hand, the cutting and design work started. All the fabrication was performed with metal and continuos welding tied my new pieces with the '59 dash. All of the work was done in my spare time and outside too! My shop was completely full of bikes and projects at the time and it was cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment